Gotta port some software to Windows... I'm a Windows newbie.
Using Ruby on Windows (XP)....
1. How do I find out the CPU % (or some sort of a load indicator) of
2. How do I find out how much of a given ethernet connection is being
used? (i.e. if it's a gigabit connection and 1Mbps are being used,
I'd like to get back "1%".
3. Starting programs into the background is done the same way as on
4. How can I tell how much of a CPU a program is currently using?
5. How do I start a Ruby program at boot (a service)?
6. Can I use something like ruby2exe to package up my Ruby service?
7. Does Windows use signals? How can I tell a program that I've
started to stop (i.e. on *nix, I'd do it via SIGTERM or SIGKILL).
8. Any known issues with DRb and Windows?
Any help is greatly appreciated!