WideStudio English page updates

There have been some new screenshots added to the WideStudio webpage recently.

http://www.widestudio.org/EE/index.html

Software version updated to
28/09/2004 Released WideStudio(v3.80-5)

---What is WideStudio?
- WideStudio is an integrated development environment(IDE) to build GUI applications for Linux / Linux /dev/fb direct / FreeBSD / SOLARIS / Windows95/98/ME/NT/2000/Xp WindowsCE / T-Engine / BTRON / uCLinux / ZAURUS

- Supports C/C++, Perl, Python, Ruby programing language.

- Supports UNICODE(UTF8) and multi encoding function with various kind of encodeing like EUC-JP,SJIS,EUC-KR,EUC-CN,UTF8,ISO8859-X.
It is possible to develop real international applications and real multi platform applications independent to the difference of the encoding between varias platforms. - Supports OpenGL and database(PostgreSQL/MySQL/ODBC)

You can use your favorite editor with the GUI Designer when coding by setting a variable so when you click it opens your editor. Some of you out there are commercial developers, and don't want to be tagged by GUI toolkit libraries with a license that might conflict with your work specifications. WideStudio is MIT/X Consortiun Licenced.

--dross

I've been looking at the documentation and I don't see a lot of info about Ruby bindings. Do you have any good pointers on using it with Ruby?

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts, it's what I can remember in time to use.

···

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, David Ross wrote:

WideStudio/MWT Home page

Well. The English documentation for it is just about existant as many projects for ruby, nunca :slight_smile: Do what every BSD says to do, "Read the source" *chuckle* Actually, I had to just play with it. There is documentation, but not like you would expect. It makes me laugh to think what NaHi was telling me how he loved learning from examples than he does reading documentation. =)

Pointers? You just drag and drop and click on generate code and it does it for you. Even for events, you have to use the instances panel and poke around. It generates all code you need. One problem I currently have though is the lack of small binary distributions. As you will notice the Windows download is approximately 100MB. Also there are no prebuilt binaries. I might just have to create some rpms, it bothers me. The on;y reasons I use it is for; 1) its the most cross-platform I have ever seen 2) the designer, and 3) the great license.

The cross platform surprises me that it works well on any platform I have tried. I haven't tried on embedded platforms, but am eager to try it out.

Oh, btw. Most of the original comments were stripped out of the code. You probably wouldn't be able to read them anyway, they are in Japanese.

--dross

Matt Lawrence wrote:

···

WideStudio/MWT Home page

I've been looking at the documentation and I don't see a lot of info about Ruby bindings. Do you have any good pointers on using it with Ruby?

-- Matt

Btw, it explains the method definitions and api in the documentation. Its not in Ruby, but that shouldn't matter as long as its understandable.

···

On my system its located file:///usr/local/ws/doc/C/ht-ref/objects.html --dross Matt Lawrence wrote:

WideStudio/MWT Home page

-- Matt