[jruby-user] [Q] limelight + rawr for .exe

You are right. I was mixing up some things I read on another web page [1] regarding building double-clickable binaries for JRuby.

I cloned the rawr repository and tried doing a simple "hello world" packaging, but it doesn't work. I always get a noclassdeffounderror:

I created a simple project with one file named "foo.rb" and put it in the src/ directory. I modified the build_configuration.rb file [2] and created a jar. Running that jar fails.

A simple example showing how to get this to work would be much appreciated.

cr

[1] Homepage | Atomic Spin

[2] build_configuration.rb · GitHub

···

On Oct 12, 2011, at 8:57 PM, James Britt wrote:

Chuck Remes wrote:

I have a limelight [1] application that I would like to package up with rawr to make a double-clickable Windows application. The problem I am having is that limelight and rawr are a bit at odds in two respects.
1. project directory layout
2. launching the code
For #1, rawr wants the project source code laid out like:
~/proj/src/<ruby src>
~/proj/vendor/<unpacked gems>

No it doesn't. There's nothing in rawr about loading gems (or anything) from a 'vendor' dir. (The only place the source code references the word 'vendor' is in the currently non-working jnlp code.)

Look at how Monkeybars apps are bundled.

It's pretty much up to you and how you define things in build_configuration.rb to define where things live.

There are some defaults (such as lib/ruby and lib/java) but you can change these.