RubyCocoa 0.3.0 and RubyAEOSA 0.2.1 released.
In Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), RubyCocoa 0.3 and RubyAEOSA 0.2 is
available with only pre-installed Ruby 1.6.7. You don’t need to
install Ruby yourself. These are released with binary distribution as
".pkg" format in addition to conventional “tgz” source. So insalling
is easy. Enjoy!
In Mac OS X 10.2, Cocoa class for AppleScript / AppleEvent added.
Therefore it’s possible to execute AppleScript only with RubyCocoa
without RubyAEOSA. In addition, Using “irb” with RubyCocoa and
RubyAEOSA is pretty stable.
Primary difference with previous version:
Not depend on LibRuby.framework and RubyCocoa.framework
Launchable RubyCocoa application on a system which is installed
only Jaguar and RubyCocoa binary package.
available to develop RubyCocoa GUI application on a system which
is installed Jaguar, Developer Tools (w/BSDSDK) and RubyCocoa
== What is RubyCocoa ?
RubyCocoa is a Ruby library for using Cocoa Objects on Mac OS X in
Ruby scripts. You can use RubyCocoa for:
- using Cocoa objects in Ruby Script
- writing Cocoa application with Ruby and Interface Builder
- exploration of Cocoa with irb
- prototyping of a Cocoa Application
- development of a small scale simple Cocoa Application
- Wrapping OSX GUI for Ruby script
== What is RubyAEOSA ?
RubyAEOSA is Ruby extension libraries for using AppleEvent and OSA
Scripting Component (OSA = Open Scripting Architecture) on MacOS
X. Using RubyAEOSA with a Ruby script or RubyCocoa applicaiton, you
- execute AppleScript and get a result
- send AppleEvent and get a result
- create AppleEvent object (AEDesc)