RubyCocoa 0.4.2 was released!
The '.pkg' binary packages are available for Mac OS X 10.4/10.3/10.2.
All of framework, library, documents, samples and Xcode/ProjectBuilder
templates are contained in the package. These items will be installed
into the appropriate place. It is available to start of RubyCocoa
programming or use of RubyCocoa application immediately.
== Changes from 0.4.1
=== new features
* support Cocoa Bindings (Mac OS X 10.3 or later)
* support Core Data (Mac OS X 10.4)
=== bug fixes
* a ruby object becomes an instance of OSX::OCObject
* itunes_albums.rb fails with NSCharacterConversionException
* a ruby script with sub-subclass of a Cocoa class crashes
== known problems
Following problems are not solved at this relaese.
* SEGV/SIGBUS occurs sometimes with ruby Thread
* warning "NSView not correctly initialized." appears on console
at initializing subclass of NSView (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later)
* "irb -r 'osx/cocoa'" crashes (Mac OS X 10.4)
== What's RubyCocoa?
RubyCocoa is a Mac OS X framework that allows Cocoa programming in
the Object-Oriented Scripting Language Ruby.
RubyCocoa allows writing a Cocoa application in Ruby. It allows
creating and using a Cocoa object in a Ruby script. In Cocoa
application, mixture of program written by both Ruby and Objective-C
Some cases using RubyCocoa:
* Exploration of a Cocoa object's feature with 'irb' interactively
* Prototyping of a Cocoa application
* Cocoa application that include good feature of Ruby and Objective-C
* Wrapping Mac OS X native GUI for Ruby script