Version 7.0.0 (2006-08-29)
Ruby-VPI is a Ruby interface to Verilog VPI. It lets you create
complex Verilog test benches easily and wholly in Ruby.
Web site: http://ruby-vpi.rubyforge.org
SVN tag: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/ruby-vpi/tags/7.0.0
This release distributes Ruby-VPI as a gem, improves portability of generated
tests, and fixes a bug.
• put_value() now accomodates register value overflows when verifying the
value it has written.
• Ruby-VPI is now distributed only as a source gem. You can decompress the
gem without installing it onto your system by running the command gem
install -i output_directory ruby-vpi-7.0.0.gem. In addition, you can still
obtain the source code directly from the Subversion repository.
• The test generator’s templates and the examples have been updated as
□ Test runners no longer have to specify the path to Ruby-VPI
installation directory. Instead, they simply require 'ruby-vpi/runner'.
Thus, you can run your tests on any machine with Ruby-VPI without
having to know where it is installed.
□ Ruby benches now invoke RubyVPI.init_bench instead of require 'bench';
setup_bench to become initialized.
• All Ruby libraries in the lib/ directory have been moved into lib/ruby-vpi/
to prevent load-path clashes with other gems. You should access these
libraries by prefixing their path with “ruby-vpi”. For example, require
'vpi_util' should now be written as require 'ruby-vpi/vpi_util'.
• The src/ directory has been renamed to ext/ to follow RubyGems convention.
• The tools in bin/ become available in your system’s bin/ directory when the
gem is installed.
□ Usage and help information has been added to the header_to_ruby.rb
• Incorrect spelling of GPL Cver (v should be uncapitalized) has been fixed.
• Incorrect link to GPL Cver website has been fixed.
• The user manual has been updated according to all of the above changes.