I'm pleased to announce a new release of BoilerPlate, a framework on top
of Rails that is intended to make development of data-centric
applications as easy as possible. In its current state there is a real
chance that it can become useful to anyone beside me.
You can view screenshots, play with some static fake pages, and download
the whole thing at
* Mostly internal reorganization and unit + functional tests
* TreeNavigator for choosing an object in a tree structure.
* Navigation through the result of the last list query.
* A generator (script/generate bp_scaffold) for creating
* Improved abstraction. User code can get really DRY.
Notes from the Dark Side
* Currently, it needs a patched version of Rails SVN HEAD to run. It's
included in the download as well as a diff with my changes.
* Documentation... what documentation?
* Tests are improved, but not yet comprehensive.
A Plea for Help
I?d really like to get BoilerPlate to work on Microsoft Internet
getting the layout right have been frustrated so far. I highly
appreciate any help that improves BoilerPlate?s cross-browser support.
If you try out BoilerPlate, I hope you enjoy the experience.