Trying to install ruby-gtk2 on ubuntu 9.10

I didn't find the gtk2 library on the ubuntu repositories and searching with
google was not successful. So I downloaded the source code on sourceforge and
tried to compile. The first step of the process : ruby extconf.rb output an
empty file because gobject-2.0, gdk-pixbuf-2.0, pango, atk, gthread-2.0,
gtk+-2.0 were not found. Perhaps, compiling gtk would solve this problem, and
probably bring others. So, please help.

Best,
Michel

Michel Revesche wrote:

I didn't find the gtk2 library on the ubuntu repositories and searching
with
google was not successful. So I downloaded the source code on
sourceforge and
tried to compile. The first step of the process : ruby extconf.rb output
an
empty file because gobject-2.0, gdk-pixbuf-2.0, pango, atk, gthread-2.0,
gtk+-2.0 were not found. Perhaps, compiling gtk would solve this
problem, and
probably bring others. So, please help.

Best,
Michel

Have you already tried the package ruby-gnome2 ?

···

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide+for+Ubuntu

apt-cache search ruby-gnome2 will get you what you need, it appears.

···

On May 17, 2010, at 9:30 AM 5/17/10, Michel Revesche wrote:

I didn't find the gtk2 library on the ubuntu repositories and searching with
google was not successful. So I downloaded the source code on sourceforge and
tried to compile. The first step of the process : ruby extconf.rb output an
empty file because gobject-2.0, gdk-pixbuf-2.0, pango, atk, gthread-2.0,
gtk+-2.0 were not found. Perhaps, compiling gtk would solve this problem, and
probably bring others. So, please help.

Best,
Michel

James Harrison wrote:

···

On May 17, 2010, at 9:30 AM 5/17/10, Michel Revesche wrote:

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide+for+Ubuntu

apt-cache search ruby-gnome2 will get you what you need, it appears.

Not quite. It will only list the packages containing the string
"ruby-gnome2". To install, one can either use the GUI (Synaptic) or the
command "sudo apt-get install ruby-gnome2" (without the quotes
obviously).
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

A. Gurbuz wrote :
James Harrison wrote:
>
>
>
>
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install+Guide+for+Ubuntu
>
>
> apt-cache search ruby-gnome2 will get you what you need, it appears.

Not quite. It will only list the packages containing the string
"ruby-gnome2". To install, one can either use the GUI (Synaptic) or the
command "sudo apt-get install ruby-gnome2" (without the quotes
obviously).

Thanks for your help.
But this process is designed for Ubuntu 9.04 and formerly I did install ruby-
gtk2 with this version on an another computer with no difficulties. I tried it
on ubuntu 9.10 and got many dependencies not satisfied such as libgnome2-ruby,
libglade2-ruby, libgtkhtml2-ruby,...

···

> On May 17, 2010, at 9:30 AM 5/17/10, Michel Revesche wrote: