IS there a GUI for RubyGems?

(TLOlczyk) #1

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.

The reply-to email address is olczyk2002@yahoo.com.
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

···

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

(Brian Takita) #2

Arachno-Ruby has a GUI Gems manager.
I really like it.

···

On 8/9/05, TLOlczyk <olczyk2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.

The reply-to email address is olczyk2002@yahoo.com.
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

(Chad Fowler) #3

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.

Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
(http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=1393), but he never did a full release.

There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

So, the short answer is: Arachno.

···

On 8/10/05, TLOlczyk <olczyk2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

The reply-to email address is olczyk2002@yahoo.com.
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over 700,000 gems served!)

(EdUarDo) #4

Arachno-Ruby has a GUI Gems manager.

where?

(tony summerfelt) #5

it's the long answer too.

arachno ruby has saved me so much time i wish i'd registered it a year
ago. i think anybody serious about their ruby work needs to take a
look at it... i'm still a novice at ruby, but arachno is going to be
there with it's features when i've gained a lot more code experience.

it's at v0.6.1 right now and it's just going to get better.

no, i have no affiliation with it, but i appreciate a good tool when i
see it.

···

Chad Fowler wrote on 8/10/2005 7:44 AM: > So, the short answer is: Arachno.

--
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

(Ezra Zygmuntowicz) #6

There is a Ruby web dialogs gem front end called RubySlippers for gems
<http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2659>

HTH-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
ezra@yakima-herald.com
509-577-7732

···

On Aug 10, 2005, at 4:44 AM, Chad Fowler wrote:

On 8/10/05, TLOlczyk <olczyk2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Seen to have seen one called something like RubyGems Manager on one of
the sites describing it.

Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
(http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=1393), but he never did a full release.

There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

So, the short answer is: Arachno.

The reply-to email address is olczyk2002@yahoo.com.
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.

--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over 700,000 gems served!)

(Lothar Scholz) #7

Hello Chad,

Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
(http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=1393), but he never did a full release.

There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

So, the short answer is: Arachno.

RubySlippers at http://freshmeat.net/projects/rubyslippers/

was (is ?) one of the open source attempts to generate a frontend.
This was the only one i found when writing the Arachno Frontend.

···

--
Best regards, emailto: scholz at scriptolutions dot com
Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
CTO Scriptolutions Ruby, PHP, Python IDE 's

(Chad Fowler) #8

Aah, yes. Thanks for pointing that out and my apologies to the author of
Ruby Slippers for neglecting to list it, since it's the most complete
open source
Gems front end. My mistake!

···

On 8/10/05, Lothar Scholz <mailinglists@scriptolutions.com> wrote:

Hello Chad,

> Paul Duncan created one for Linux called gemini
> (http://www.pablotron.org/?cid=1393), but he never did a full release.

> There is (in addition to Arachno) another Windows one floating around
> in existence somewhere (Rich?) that was never released.

> So, the short answer is: Arachno.

RubySlippers at http://freshmeat.net/projects/rubyslippers/

was (is ?) one of the open source attempts to generate a frontend.
This was the only one i found when writing the Arachno Frontend.

--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over 700,000 gems served!)

(EdUarDo) #9

tony summerfelt wrote:

···

Chad Fowler wrote on 8/10/2005 7:44 AM: > > >>So, the short answer is: Arachno.

where is the option menu?

(Rob .) #10

Look's like a Gems interface is the next feature I should add to the
open-source jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin (http://www.jedit.org/ruby/).

I've been working on adding the ability to import arbitrary RDoc into
the plugin to be displayed in the RDoc viewer and to be used for
method completion. A Gems interface would probably make a nice
complement to this. At the moment the plugin's RDoc viewer and
type-based code completion supports just the core Ruby types.

I may be revealing the implementation secrets behind the jEdit Ruby
plugin in a presentation at Euruko05 in October
(http://www.approximity.com/cgi-bin/europeRuby/tiki.cgi?Euruko05).

Cheers,
Rob

Chad wrote:

···

Aah, yes. Thanks for pointing that out and my apologies
to the author of Ruby Slippers for neglecting to list it,
since it's the most complete open source
Gems front end. My mistake!