Hey all,
If I'm instantiating a instance of a class at using Object.const_get.
How can I destroy it so that next time it reloads and code changes will
take effect?
Thanks.
···
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
Hey all,
If I'm instantiating a instance of a class at using Object.const_get.
How can I destroy it so that next time it reloads and code changes will
take effect?
Thanks.
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
Hi,
If I'm instantiating a instance of a class at using Object.const_get.
How can I destroy it so that next time it reloads and code changes will
take effect?
I am not sure what you mean here. You don't instantiate anything
using const_get. You just get the reference to the existing object.
If you want to redefine class objects (without warning), you remove
the constant using remove_const(), and reload the program using
load(). But I'd recommend restarting the program, unless reloading is
absolutely necessary.
matz.
In message "Re: Destroy object from memory.. Object.const_destroy?" on Thu, 5 Jul 2007 03:56:01 +0900, Aaron Smith <beingthexemplary@gmail.com> writes:
Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
Hi,
>If I'm instantiating a instance of a class at using Object.const_get.
>How can I destroy it so that next time it reloads and code changes will
>take effect?I am not sure what you mean here. You don't instantiate anything
using const_get. You just get the reference to the existing object.
If you want to redefine class objects (without warning), you remove
the constant using remove_const(), and reload the program using
load(). But I'd recommend restarting the program, unless reloading is
absolutely necessary.matz.
Thanks,
That's pretty much what I was looking for. The problem I'm having is
with a plugin in Rails. Once it runs, if code is executed, then changed
at all, I have to restart Rails. Default rails controllers update just
fine. They're probably using the remove_const(). But with my plugin I
want to have the same functionality...
Are there any major risks doing this? Wouldn't seem like it.
Thanks
In message "Re: Destroy object from memory.. Object.const_destroy?" > on Thu, 5 Jul 2007 03:56:01 +0900, Aaron Smith > <beingthexemplary@gmail.com> writes:
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/\.
Are you talking about the way Rails reloads classes in development mode? You can enable this in your own classes using:
class MyClass
include Reloadable
end
James Edward Gray II
On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Aaron Smith wrote:
Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
Hi,
In message "Re: Destroy object from memory.. Object.const_destroy?" >> on Thu, 5 Jul 2007 03:56:01 +0900, Aaron Smith >> <beingthexemplary@gmail.com> writes:
>If I'm instantiating a instance of a class at using Object.const_get.
>How can I destroy it so that next time it reloads and code changes will
>take effect?I am not sure what you mean here. You don't instantiate anything
using const_get. You just get the reference to the existing object.
If you want to redefine class objects (without warning), you remove
the constant using remove_const(), and reload the program using
load(). But I'd recommend restarting the program, unless reloading is
absolutely necessary.matz.
Thanks,
That's pretty much what I was looking for. The problem I'm having is
with a plugin in Rails. Once it runs, if code is executed, then changed
at all, I have to restart Rails. Default rails controllers update just
fine. They're probably using the remove_const(). But with my plugin I
want to have the same functionality...
That's pretty much what I was looking for. The problem I'm having is
with a plugin in Rails. Once it runs, if code is executed, then
changed
at all, I have to restart Rails. Default rails controllers update just
fine. They're probably using the remove_const(). But with my plugin I
want to have the same functionality...Are you talking about the way Rails reloads classes in development
mode? You can enable this in your own classes using:class MyClass
include Reloadable
endJames Edward Gray II
That's another good solution. Thanks.
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/\.