Another problem with regular expressions

I have an array with the following elements:

array[0] = "car"
array[1] = "bike"
array[2] = “motorcicle”

array[n] = …

And I have a string with the following text.

"Today I went to school by car. I saw… "

What I am trying to do is that everytime the program finds one of the words
from the list in the text,
it will place an astherisc * to replace that word.

But I cannot figure out how to do this because it is an array not a regular
expression.

Rob

sentence.gsub!(Regexp.new(array.join(’|’)), ‘*’)

Ari

···

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 00:38, Rob wrote:

I have an array with the following elements:

array[0] = "car"
array[1] = "bike"
array[2] = “motorcicle”

array[n] = …

And I have a string with the following text.

"Today I went to school by car. I saw… "

What I am trying to do is that everytime the program finds one of the words
from the list in the text,
it will place an astherisc * to replace that word.