ZenTest version 3.2.0 has been released!
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
* Scans your ruby code and tests and generates missing methods for you.
* Includes a very helpful filter for Test::Unit output called unit_diff.
* Continually and intelligently test only those files you change with autotest.
* Test against multiple versions with multiruby.
* Enhance and automatically audit your rails tests using Test::Rails.
* Includes a LinuxJournal article on testing with ZenTest written by Pat Eyler.
* See also: http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/zentest/
* See also: http://blog.segment7.net/articles/category/zentest
+ 1 major enhancement:
+ Added Test::Rails.
+ 1 minor enhancement:
+ Extended autotest for Test::Rails.
+ 4 bug fixes:
+ Autotest now detects changes in rhtml.
+ Improved autotest's file mapping and choice of ruby.
+ We've got RDoc, yes we do!
+ Removed redundancies in rakefile. Using gem spec for most stuff now.