vlad version 1.4.0 has been released!
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation,
without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the
complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar
and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
### 1.4.0 / 2009-06-23
* 1 major enhancement:
* Switched to passenger as default app server.
* 11 minor enhancements:
* #rsync now takes ANY number of arguments and expects to you add "host:".
* Added Rake::RemoteTask#get.
* Added doco for why we don't ship a deploy task
* Added links to example maintenance recipes
* Added multi-env doco to getting_started.txt
* Added svn-over-ssh faq item. gah.
* Flipped tests to minitest
* Merged global #role and Rake::RemoteTask::role.
* Moved all global methods to Rake::RemoteTask and wrote #external to clean up.
* Moved rake extensions to hoe so everyone can enjoy the fun.
* put names the tempfile based on the remote path to ease debugging
* 2 bug fixes:
* passenger:start_app wasn't using the latest_release path
* set/fetch wasn't dealing with a default of false well. (Seth Falcon)