rubygems-update version 1.8.6 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
If you don't have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
* Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
* Unpack into a directory and cd there
* Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
=== 1.8.6 / 2011-07-25
* Major enhancements:
* Restore behavior of Gem::Specification#loaded? Ruby Bug #5032
* Minor enhancements:
* Add autorequires and delay startup of RubyGems until require is called.
See Ruby bug #4962
* Bug fixes:
* Clean up SourceIndex.add_specs to not be so damn noisy. (tadman)
* Added missing APPLE_GEM_HOME in paths.
* Extend YAML::Syck::DefaultKey fixing to `marshal_dump` as well.
* Fix #29216: check correct bin_dir in check_that_user_bin_dir_is_in_path.
* Revert Gem.latest_load_paths to working order (PathSupport revert).
* Restore normalization of GEM_HOME.
* Handle the Syck DefaultKey problem once and for all.
* Fix SystemStackError occurring with "gem list -r -a" on 1.9.