Beta version 0.9.0.9 is now available with:
gem update --system --source http://onestepback.org/betagems
This will be the last beta with major changes before the release of 0.9.1.
= Upgrade note
While require_gem was deprecated in 0.9.0, the bin stubs are still using it (oops!). To get rid of the warnings printed by rake or other bin stubs simply run 'gem pristine --all'.
= What's new since 0.9.0?
Lots! Many changes both big and small! Here's an incomplete summary:
* require_gem is deprecated and will print a warning. Use gem instead.
* RubyGems now requires ruby 1.8.2 or greater.
* gem command changes
* new gem pristine command
* new gem outdated command
* new gem sources command
* gem uninstall can uninstall multiple gems
* gem install uses the cache instead of downloading
* gem install returns non-zero exit code on failure
* gem install can now set shebang on bin stubs (env or ruby)
* gem help output now fits in 80 columns
* now -w clean
* many proxy installation improvements
* gem cert improvements
* RubyGems is now easier to use as a library
* Easier programatic installs
* Easier inspection of local and remote gems
* extension building enhancements
* error reporting enhancements (less odd exceptions)
* many bugs fixed or closed (0 bugs in tracker!)
* require now loads .jar files
* select bug fixes:
* installing from scratch fixed
* gem install --force forces
* installing from read-only location works
* gem uninstall requires full name
* gem install obeys GEM_HOME for bin scripts
* RubyGems now installs on ruby 1.9
== New since beta 0.9.0.8
* fixed issue with Gem::Specification#hash for JRuby
* RubyGems now installs RDoc and ri for itself
* RubyGems is now tab-free
* require_gem warning prints file and line information
For full details, read the ChangeLog.
Eric Hodel - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://blog.segment7.net
I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!