[ANN] Ruby Quiz

Support seemed positive for my idea of a Ruby Quiz. My thanks to those who took the time to answer my questions.

We will start a regular Ruby Quiz next week. My intention is to deliver quizzes on Fridays and summaries the following Thursday. Given that, expect the first quiz a week from today.

I'll get a web page up at some point next week, for FAQ and archives. I'll announce it here when it's ready.

Even before that, you can start sending in submissions to rubyquiz@grayproductions.net anytime now. If you voted for the quiz, please stay on the lookout for ideas and keep sending them in. Help start a good thing and keep it going.

As for the details...

The "grace period" seemed to be in favor, so we will use one. We'll simplify the time frame to 48 hours though. A reminder will be in every quiz I send out.

The "Host it here or move it to it's own list question?" is the only thing I wasn't totally sure of from the responses. My current plan is to keep it here, but if you have strong feelings either way please make them known to me.

Thanks for your time.

James Edward Gray II

James Edward Gray II wrote:

The "Host it here or move it to it's own list question?" is the only thing I wasn't totally sure of from the responses. My current plan is to keep it here, but if you have strong feelings either way please make them known to me.

I say to start... the ruby list is a good of a place as any to post the quiz. Maybe a little further down the road we can move it to it's own mailing list or newsgroup. I say we take an incremental approach. Lets get what we dont have up and get it working. Then let's focus on the next phase.

Just my quick and dirty $.02

Zach

"Zach Dennis" <zdennis@mktec.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:414B3483.7010103@mktec.com...

James Edward Gray II wrote:

>
> The "Host it here or move it to it's own list question?" is the only
> thing I wasn't totally sure of from the responses. My current plan is
> to keep it here, but if you have strong feelings either way please
> make them known to me.
>
I say to start... the ruby list is a good of a place as any to post the
quiz. Maybe a little further down the road we can move it to it's own
mailing list or newsgroup. I say we take an incremental approach. Lets
get what we dont have up and get it working. Then let's focus on the
next phase.

Just my quick and dirty $.02

Zach

+1

robert

mailing list or newsgroup. I say we take an incremental approach. Lets

Exactly! Please start small, but *do* start :slight_smile:

martinus

Even the longest journey begins with the first step. Go for it!

Ed

ยทยทยท

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:35:39 +0900, Martin Ankerl <martin.ankerl@gmail.com> wrote:

> mailing list or newsgroup. I say we take an incremental approach. Lets

Exactly! Please start small, but *do* start :slight_smile:

--
" Don't relax! It's only your tension that's holding you together."