ruby_parser version 3.13.0 has been released!
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing
racc--which does by default use a C extension). RP's output is
the same as ParseTree's output: s-expressions using ruby's arrays and
As an example:
def conditional1 arg1
return 1 if arg1 == 0
s(:defn, :conditional1, s(:args, :arg1),
s(:call, s(:lvar, :arg1), :==, s(:lit, 0)),
s(:return, s(:lit, 1)),
s(:return, s(:lit, 0)))
Tested against 801,039 files from the latest of all rubygems (as of 2013-05):
* 1.8 parser is at 99.9739% accuracy, 3.651 sigma
* 1.9 parser is at 99.9940% accuracy, 4.013 sigma
* 2.0 parser is at 99.9939% accuracy, 4.008 sigma
### 3.13.0 / 2019-03-12
* 3 major enhancements:
* Removed 1.8 and 1.9 support. Moved to ruby_parser-legacy gem.
* Added tentative 2.6 support.
* Updated ruby_parser.yy to ruby 2.4 architecture.
* 22 minor enhancements:
* Added debug3 and cmp3 rake tasks that use the above tools.
* Added tLONELY to compare/normalize.rb
* Added tools/munge.rb, tools/ripper.rb, and debugging.md
* 2.6: Added trailing .. and ... support.
* Extended StackState to log more state changes, making debugging easier.
* Extended StackState#store to take an initial value.
* Improved logging / debugging in StackState.
* Improved normalization and parser compare tasks.
* Improved tools/munge.rb output.
* In f_arglist, track in_kwarg if no parens.
* In process_newline_or_comment, handle NL if in_kwarg there vs normal.
* Refactored normalized values to WORDLIST.
* Refactored parser: push up to relop and rel_expr.
* Removed Keyword.keyword18.
* Removed RubyLexer version attr_accessors.
* Removed long dead deprecations internal to RubyParserStuff.
* Removed version arg to RubyLexer#initialize (default nil + no-op).
* Renamed Keyword.keyword19 to Keyword.keyword.
* Renamed process_bracing to process_brace_close
* Renamed process_curly_brace to process_brace_open
* Report first parse error message if all parser versions fail, not last.
* Updated parser to track against 2.6.
* 11 bug fixes:
* Fix some shift/reduce errors.
* Fixed BEGIN blocks having different arg value that END blocks. (mvz)
* Fixed all reported unused non-terminals/rules.
* Fixed bug 272.
* Fixed bug in interpolated symbol lists. (strviola)
* Fixed bug where block shadow arguments were not registered as lvars. (akimd)
* Fixed bug where kwsplat args weren't treated as lvars. (mvz)
* Fixed lex_state and other internals in many cases.
* Fixed shebang in compare/normalize.rb to use env. Avoids rubygems freaking.
* Fixed some more internal state bugs.
* Fixed tRCURLY -> tSTRING_DEND for interpolation brace closes.