Ruby/Informix is a Ruby extension for connecting to IBM Informix
Dynamic Server, written in ESQL/C.
It is being developed and heavily tested on Solaris/SPARC. It has been
reported to work on Linux Fedora, SuSE Linux and Windows XP.
On Windows XP use Ruby 1.8.4.
Full changelog since initial release follows:
* Methods added to SequentialCursor:
- fetch_hash_many(n), fetch_hash_all
- each_by(n), each_hash_by(n)
- fetch!, fetch_hash!, each!, each_hash!
where !-methods reduce object creation by reusing the same result
object in each call
* fetch*many and fetch*all methods now return  instead of nil when
no records are found
* When freeing a cursor that was opened but never used, a segmentation
* Support for all built-in data types, except INTERVAL
* immediate statements
* prepared statements
* select cursors and bulk inserts (insert cursors)
* #columns method for retrieving column information
* rows retrieved as arrays or hashes
* IO-based and IO-like (StringIO) objects for storing a BYTE/TEXT
column, and retrieved as a String object
* NULL, DATE and DATETIME mapped to nil, Date and Time objects and
* #drop method for freeing Informix resources immediatly
* source code documented with RDoc
* INTERVAL not supported
* cursors must be closed before reopening them
* only one open connection at a time is supported