Winclicker.rb:232 segmentation fault due to data corruption

I solved my own problem so this request doesn't require a reply.

I wanted to share my solution though since I've seen this error
show up in other posts yet my resolution was different from others I
so maybe this will help someone in the future with the same problem.

I was getting this error while running scripts using Ruby 1.8.6 and
Watir 1.6.2:

[BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2010-02-04) [i386-mingw32]

My scripts ran fine all morning and, suddenly, started failing with the
error above when the scripts had not changed. When first started, the
scripts do open a spreadsheet saved on Sharepoint. This data is then
used later in the script while testing a web site. I was baffled for a
little while trying out Watir resolutions I found online for the error
above and none of them worked. Then I realized our Sharepoint server
went down due to an unrelated database server and someone had the
spreadsheet open when this occurred so the latest version of the
spreadsheet was corrupted. I simply restored the previous version of
the spreadsheet and the scripts ran again successfully.


Posted via