For the Vienna.rb April meetup I've put together talk notes on:
The State of Bool in Ruby - Everything Your Never Wanted to Know .
The contents reads:
- Trivia Quiz - The States of Bool
- Bool Basics
- Classes, Classes, Classes
- Truthy and Falsy - (Almost) Everything is True
- The state of built-in bool conversions - `to_s`, `to_i`,
- safebool Library / Gem
- Prior Art
- Some Older Bool / Boolean Libraries
- `ActiveRecord::Type::Boolean < Value`
- Bool Conversion
- Empty String
- Number Two
- Choose Your Error Handling on Invalid Bool Values / States
- Bool Share Nothing - True or False?
- Bool in the Real World? What for?
- Bool in Other Programming Languages
- Classic Programming Languages - From Integer to...
- Modern (Functional) Programming Languages - ... Algebraic Data (Sum) Types
Happy coding in ruby with or without Bool. Cheers. Prost.