[ruby-talk:444458] I'd like to release a framework properly

Dear Ruby community,

I just finished writing Minimum Viable Documentation to project that I started years ago.
I don't want to postpone release another 10 years so I'm looking for followers, supporters, maintainers and finally users.
I hope that I bring to the table interesting project and you will see it's potential. I prepared an article comparing it to Rails
as it is the common ground for most of us. You can read it here:

https://pro.maniak.pro/#/articles/title/pro-vs-rails

Having proper support I would be able to bring it to you quickly. I really don't like an idea of publishing it into the void.
I hope described features will make you excited and I will find people for cooperation.

- Marek

···

mad---,

Looks interesting - I could try it out for my usual "Watched Videos" app if you like? - although, to be honest, my immediate interest is shifting to WASM . .

Phil.

···

On 2024-05-08 05:12, mad--- via ruby-talk wrote:

Dear Ruby community,

I just finished writing Minimum Viable Documentation to project that I started years ago.
I don't want to postpone release another 10 years so I'm looking for followers, supporters, maintainers and finally users.
I hope that I bring to the table interesting project and you will see it's potential. I prepared an article comparing it to Rails

PRO

Having proper support I would be able to bring it to you quickly. I really don't like an idea of publishing it into the void.
I hope described features will make you excited and I will find people for cooperation.

- Marek

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

Hey Phil,

If I understood correctly you'd like to give it a shot for one simple application?
I will be happy to support you.

What use cases of WASM you're interested in? Maybe they fit Pro and can be added.

- Marek

···

On 5/8/24 07:54, Philip Rhoades wrote:

mad---,

Looks interesting - I could try it out for my usual "Watched Videos" app if you like? - although, to be honest, my immediate interest is shifting to WASM . .

Phil.

Dear Ruby community,

PRO

- Marek

Marek,

Hey Phil,

If I understood correctly you'd like to give it a shot for one simple application?

That is very kind of you!

What use cases of WASM you're interested in? Maybe they fit Pro and can be added.

In the past I have created my "Watched Videos" app (for Netflix, Prime etc) so I can record the key details of the video inc Title, Director, Actors, URL etc, add a description from OMDB or IMDB and then add my own comments. More recently I have reverted to a Jekyll setup which I kept going for quite a while but have neglected in recent months - for the volume of stuff I watch, the Jekyll app requires a little too much non-automatic / manual stuff to be done.

Ideally, I would like to:

- finish watching something
- enter the URL in the app
- the app retrieves the other info from OMDB / IMDB
- I manually enter my comments

to make the whole process as seamless as possible . .

I usually have the site info available privately on one of my machines for siblings and friend etc but if became more efficient and easy to use, I would open it up to family and friends adding their own stuff as well as separate users.

I see that Ruby is one of the langs that is being worked on for future WASM output but it looks like there is quite a bit of work to do yet . .

Regards,

Phil.

···

On 2024-05-08 16:04, Marek Piasecki wrote:

- Marek

mad---,

Phil.

Dear Ruby community,

PRO

- Marek

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia

Hey Philip,

Sure. I will contact you privately to push it forward.

- Marek

···

On 5/8/24 08:57, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Marek,

Hey Phil,

In the past I have created my "Watched Videos" app (for Netflix, Prime etc) so I can record the key details of the video inc Title, Director, Actors, URL etc, add a description from OMDB or IMDB and then add my own comments. More recently I have reverted to a Jekyll setup which I kept going for quite a while but have neglected in recent months - for the volume of stuff I watch, the Jekyll app requires a little too much non-automatic / manual stuff to be done.

I usually have the site info available privately on one of my machines for siblings and friend etc but if became more efficient and easy to use, I would open it up to family and friends adding their own stuff as well as separate users.

I see that Ruby is one of the langs that is being worked on for future WASM output but it looks like there is quite a bit of work to do yet . .

Regards,

Phil.

- Marek

mad---,

Phil.

Dear Ruby community,

PRO

- Marek

Marek,

Hey Philip,

Sure. I will contact you privately to push it forward.

Excellent!

P.

···

On 2024-05-08 23:02, Marek Piasecki wrote:

- Marek

On 5/8/24 08:57, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Marek,

Hey Phil,

Regards,

Phil.

- Marek

mad---,

Phil.

Dear Ruby community,

PRO

- Marek

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia