Editable txt files in the view

Hello friends,

I am a new player in rails and I have a problem. I would like to edit local txt files in views. The controller opens the file (File.open) and text_area_tag displays it. I have no idea or skills what to do next to save changes. Can you tell me something about this?

Greetings,
Ralph

Please ask rails questions on the rails list.

···

On May 19, 2020, at 01:08, ralph.andersen <ralph.andersen@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hello friends,

I am a new player in rails and I have a problem. I would like to edit local txt files in views. The controller opens the file (File.open) and text_area_tag displays it. I have no idea or skills what to do next to save changes. Can you tell me something about this?

Rails may not be your best option for this task. Rails is oriented towards browser-based web server applications, and while you can edit local files with Rails, it’s a bit like using a shovel to hammer a nail - it can be done but better solutions exist. Pure Ruby in conjunction with a text editor might be a better option.

···

On May 19, 2020, at 1:59 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com> wrote:

On May 19, 2020, at 01:08, ralph.andersen <ralph.andersen@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hello friends,

Please ask rails questions on the rails list.

Unsubscribe: <mailto:ruby-talk-request@ruby-lang.org?subject=unsubscribe>
<http://lists.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/ruby-talk>