Calling JDBC from with Ruby

“Michael Davis” mdavis@sevasoftware.com schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:5ht_b.5394$yZ1.2738@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net…

Robert Klemme wrote:

“Michael Davis” mdavis@sevasoftware.com schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Onq_b.5102$yZ1.243@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net…

I am comfortable with creating a C module that allows Ruby to access
other

existing libraries.

This is the approach I am planning to use for ODBC access. However, I

don’t know if it is even

possible to create a Ruby extension using C or Java that would allow
me

access to JDBC.

You don’t need to do that, DBI has this ability already on Windows.

robert

I trust you are referring to DBI’s ability to use ODBC in Windows. I am
aware of this and if my requirement were to only to access data using ODBC
on Windows, I would strongly consider using DBI. However, this does not
address my need to access data using JDBC in a unix environment.

Thanks, Michael

Yeah, just wanted to make sure that you save yourself time with the ODBC
issue.

Kind regards

robert