[ANN] July 14 Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

July Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

Time: 6:30 pm - at Saguaro branch Phoenix Public Library
Place: Saguaro branch Phoenix Public Library
        2808 N. 46th Street
        Phoenix, AZ 85008

IMPORTANT: We are now meeting at the Saguaro branch of the Phoenix Public Library.

It is located at 2808 N. 46th Street, just around the corner from the Happy Camper offices.

This location will afford as more room for our growing group.

The room has been reserved for the next few months so we can see how it works out.

See http://www.rubyaz.org for details

Topics:

* Hacking with Rack … and friends

Brian Sam-Bodden will guide us on a look at Rack, the Ruby Web server interface, along with other lesser-know Ruby Gems.

* Current Ruby security issues

We'll see what we know about current security issues in various recent Ruby releases, what people have experienced, and what they've done.

The Phoenix Ruby Users Group meets at 6:30pm on the second Monday of each month, barring holidays. Information may be found at www.rubyaz.org.

After the meeting (~8:15 pm) we plan on going out to dinner for more fun and fine conversation.

We've been going to the Havana Cafe on Camelback Rd. (provide we get our asses up there before the kitchen closes).

If you can't make the Ruby meeting, please consider joining us for dinner. (We talk about all sorts of things, not just Ruby, so it's a good opportunity for geeks of all tribes to hang out.)

Note: If you are thinking of going straight to the restaurant, please call me (James Britt) so I can have the restaurant plan for the appropriate number of people.

See rubyaz.org for my number.

Thanks,

···

Date: Monday, July 14, 2008

--

James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding
www.jamesbritt.com - Playing with Better Toys
www.ruby-doc.org - Ruby Help & Documentation
www.rubystuff.com - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff