[ANN] graph 2.2.0 Released

graph version 2.2.0 has been released!

* <https://github.com/seattlerb/graph>

Graph is a type of hash that outputs in graphviz's dot format. It
comes with a command-line interface that is easily pluggable.

It ships with plugins to graph dependencies and status of installed
rubygems, rake tasks, homebrew ports, mac ports, and freebsd ports,
coloring leaf nodes blue, outdated nodes red, and outdated leaf nodes
purple (red+blue).

OSX quick tip:

    % sudo gem install graph
    % sudo brew install graphviz
    % gem unpack graph
    % cd graph*
    % rake gallery
    % open gallery/*.png

Changes:

### 2.2.0 / 2011-08-12

* 3 minor enhancements:

  * Added brewer color scheme support: colorscheme(:reds, 5) creates c1 - c5.
  * Added cluster subgraph shortcut
  * added Node.connected? and Node.orphan?

* 1 bug fix:

  * Fixed output of single node graphs. (aja)

Hi Ryan!
I'm interesstes in this, but the above rake command fail with:

[ram@thingol:~/graph-2.2.0]rake gallary [9:33:19|11-08-15]
(in /home/ram/graph-2.2.0)
warning: couldn't activate the seattlerb plugin, skipping
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'gallary'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:1720:in `'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2040:in `invoke_task'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `block in top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2058:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2013:in `top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:1992:in `run'
/usr/bin/rake:31:in `<main>'

I allready ran rubyforge setup, but what's the seattlerb plugin? Another gem?

regards
ralf

···

On 08/13/2011 02:56 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:

graph version 2.2.0 has been released!

*<https://github.com/seattlerb/graph&gt;

Graph is a type of hash that outputs in graphviz's dot format. It
comes with a command-line interface that is easily pluggable.

It ships with plugins to graph dependencies and status of installed
rubygems, rake tasks, homebrew ports, mac ports, and freebsd ports,
coloring leaf nodes blue, outdated nodes red, and outdated leaf nodes
purple (red+blue).

OSX quick tip:

     % sudo gem install graph
     % sudo brew install graphviz
     % gem unpack graph
     % cd graph*
     % rake gallery
     % open gallery/*.png

Changes:

### 2.2.0 / 2011-08-12

* 3 minor enhancements:

   * Added brewer color scheme support: colorscheme(:reds, 5) creates c1 - c5.
   * Added cluster subgraph shortcut
   * added Node.connected? and Node.orphan?

* 1 bug fix:

   * Fixed output of single node graphs. (aja)

rake gallery

Not

rake gallary

···

On Aug 15, 2011, at 0:37, Ralf Mueller <ralf.mueller@zmaw.de> wrote:

On 08/13/2011 02:56 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:

graph version 2.2.0 has been released!

*<https://github.com/seattlerb/graph&gt;

Graph is a type of hash that outputs in graphviz's dot format. It
comes with a command-line interface that is easily pluggable.

It ships with plugins to graph dependencies and status of installed
rubygems, rake tasks, homebrew ports, mac ports, and freebsd ports,
coloring leaf nodes blue, outdated nodes red, and outdated leaf nodes
purple (red+blue).

OSX quick tip:

    % sudo gem install graph
    % sudo brew install graphviz
    % gem unpack graph
    % cd graph*
    % rake gallery
    % open gallery/*.png

Changes:

### 2.2.0 / 2011-08-12

* 3 minor enhancements:

  * Added brewer color scheme support: colorscheme(:reds, 5) creates c1 - c5.
  * Added cluster subgraph shortcut
  * added Node.connected? and Node.orphan?

* 1 bug fix:

  * Fixed output of single node graphs. (aja)

Hi Ryan!
I'm interesstes in this, but the above rake command fail with:

[ram@thingol:~/graph-2.2.0]rake gallary [9:33:19|11-08-15]
(in /home/ram/graph-2.2.0)
warning: couldn't activate the seattlerb plugin, skipping
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'gallary'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:1720:in `'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2040:in `invoke_task'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2019:in `block in top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2058:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:2013:in `top_level'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rake.rb:1992:in `run'
/usr/bin/rake:31:in `<main>'

I allready ran rubyforge setup, but what's the seattlerb plugin? Another gem?

regards
ralf

I love typos .... ;-(

Did you take RGL (http://rgl.rubyforge.org) into account before writing you own graph library? I use it for representing source code analysis, but your interface seems to be more straight forward ... just curious.

thanks
ralf

···

On 08/15/2011 09:41 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:

rake gallery

Not

rake gallary

No I didn't. graph goes back to at least 2005 [*] and I don't think RGL existed back then (at least, according to rubyforge). If it did exist, it wasn't on my radar.

*) I've had various versions of this going back to around 1998 in perl (but for a different graphing system I liked better than graphviz).

···

On Aug 15, 2011, at 00:55 , Ralf Mueller wrote:

On 08/15/2011 09:41 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:

rake gallery

Not

rake gallary

I love typos .... ;-(

Did you take RGL (http://rgl.rubyforge.org) into account before writing you own graph library? I use it for representing source code analysis, but your interface seems to be more straight forward ... just curious.

No I didn't. graph goes back to at least 2005 [*] and I don't think RGL existed back then (at least, according to rubyforge). If it did exist, it wasn't on my radar.

*) I've had various versions of this going back to around 1998 in perl (but for a different graphing system I liked better than graphviz).

Which is the other graphing system that you are talking about? Just curious.

···

--
Anurag Priyam
http://about.me/yeban/

vlc, iirc

···

On Aug 17, 2011, at 21:12 , Anurag Priyam wrote:

No I didn't. graph goes back to at least 2005 [*] and I don't think RGL existed back then (at least, according to rubyforge). If it did exist, it wasn't on my radar.

*) I've had various versions of this going back to around 1998 in perl (but for a different graphing system I liked better than graphviz).

Which is the other graphing system that you are talking about? Just curious.